Tél : 02.32.71.10.00
KYRIAD HOTEL*** Restaurant " La Soupière "
11 rue de la Poste 27 950 SAINT MARCEL
Tél : 02.32.71.10.00 - Fax : 02.32.21.20.95 - E.mail : kyriad.vernon@wanadoo.fr
Home

Home > Surroundings

Surroundings of Saint Marcel

SAINT MARCEL

As evidenced by numerous remains updated in the town, homo sapiens have liked to live in Saint-Marcel.


At the 10th century and certainly before, Saint-Marcel was part with St. Just, St. Peter d'Autils and Le Goulet  of a vast domain known as Longueville. (Longa vila: large agricultural sector in Latin).

 
In 1153, Louis VII, King of France saw fit to burn the villages of Longueville hoping to blow the lock that was Vernon between the Kingdom of France and the Duchy of Normandy.
 
 
 
In 1860, the Eure department is ranked first industrial department with its numerous mills.
Saint-Marcel had 4 mills at that time threshing grain and giving production for many mills.
It was in the years 1780-1880 that were born the first factories of the town.
By 1910, Saint-Marcel has become an industrial city.


Création et référencement Site internet E-comouest - SAINT MARCEL